|From Laura Resau at Ocean in a Saucer. Click on the image to|
go to Laura's post.
Here's a little list of "pauses" --
- Eating Mother's Day lunch outside on the patio with just the kids.
- Going for an hour-plus walk in the early morning sunshine.
- Shopping with the girls -- Hannah, Stephanie, Karianne, and Carolyn (Andy's mom) -- and buying summer clothes and prom shoes.
- Shiny grey toenails. (I'm totally not feeling guilty for getting a pedicure with Karianne.)
- Filling a new notebook and stretching myself in this work. Focusing on things other than character -- setting and conflict and objects -- and enjoying the the way a story can unfold.
It's good for the soul to pause and be happy. I think I should make sure to do this at least once a day.
|Join us at Two Writing Teachers for|
Slice of Life Tuesday. Just click on the image.