I'm glad you are here to celebrate! Share a link to your blog post below and/or use #celebratelu to share celebrations on Twitter. Check out the details here. Celebrate This Week goes live on Friday night around 10(ish). Consider it as a weekend celebration. Whenever it fits in your life, add your link. Please leave a little comment love for the person who links before you.
******I wish I could remember where I heard this phrase, praise proceeds progress, but I don't. I just know it's not my own and that it keeps wrapping itself around my faith, challenging me to put it to the test. The point is why would God give me more if I'm not grateful for what I already have?
Even at the end of a rocky week, I'm determined to discover and document the celebrations. I've found when I'm most overwhelmed it is best to look for the tiniest celebrations; they often mean the most to a weary soul.
Here we go...a list of raw, unabashed, celebrations.
- Andy cooked dinner tonight.
- I braided Stephanie's hair before she went to bed. I plaited two thick braids down her back and she giggled as Andy and Kate kept us company.
- Sam ran into the house after school and made a beeline for me. Then he jumped on the couch next to me and hugged me. "I've been thinking about doing that all day," he said before jumping off of the couch and heading to the basement to play trains.
- Jay laughed this contagious belly laugh throughout the Minions movie.
- I realized I'm not too old to have besties.
- I started a new book that I love and hate and makes me laugh and cry.
- My house is tidy. The dishes are done. The laundry is contained.
- Hannah has finally learned to hug real and tight. She has a gentle spirit that is real strength. Both offer hope to me.
- Writing allows me to make sense of the unimaginable. Writing allows me to see a stronger story.
- My capacity for love and faith can increase and I pray for this to happen. This prayer is answered in ways I do not expect. I'm still thankful.
- I really love my glasses and my typewriter shirt and my fuzzy socks.
- There is an abundance of love in my life.
An InLinkz Link-up